Re: [Xen-devel] Fwd: [How to read xen source]

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 9:32 AM, LÃm Hái SÆn <lamhaison@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello!
> I'm a student, and i interst to source xen. I want to modify source but
> Before I do it I must understand this code. I have a question, How to read
> xen source, I have to use tool which help me, such as source navigator, and
> How to do it. I think you are a developer, I want to question, where does
> code use restart, delete virtual machine on xen. Thank you!. Help me

A really handy "rune" for following threads around the source code is
the following:

find . -name "*.[cSh]" | xargs grep -H [string]

If you want to include all files, you can replace the -name argument
with "-type f".

Also, look into cscope or GNU global.  They usually have good
integration into vi and emacs.

Good luck,
 -George