Re: [Xen-devel] [BUG] xen-create-image memory vs config file

  • To: Jeroen van der Ham <vdham@xxxxxx>
  • From: Wei Liu <liuw@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 11:08:07 +0000
  • Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 11:08:59 +0000

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 9:13 AM, Jeroen van der Ham <vdham@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 26 Feb 2014, at 01:08, Wei Liu <liuw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> xen-create-image is part of xen-tools, which is not developed by core
>> Xen developers. So this one should be reported to xen-tools
>> maintainer(s).
>
> Okay, will do.

You'd better make sure if it is a bug in the package you're using (I
presume you used a package in your distro) or a bug in upstream.
Probably the problem is already fixed upstream.

>> I remember some xen-tools version has a bug regarding memory size. Are
>> you using Debian's package version? Could you try the lastest
>> xen-tools from upstream? Did changing "M" to "Mb" help (it should work
>> for both Squeeze and Wheezy)?
>
> That did the trick indeed. (But Iâll still report it as a bug, because this
> is not obvious)
>
>> I wrote a patch some time ago to make the parser handle memory suffix
>> but was not upstreamed. You're welcome to take that and upstream it,
>> or implement some cleaner solution.
>
> You mean for the xen config files?

The parser in xl, which is used to parse your config file.

Look for "libxl: support for using 'MmGg' as memory size suffix" in
the archive. Maintainers already gave feedback. I just didn't have the
time to revisit it.

Wei.