Re: [Xen-devel] GSoC 2014

Hi,

[cc:d mirageos-devel]

On 10/03/14 10:40, Wei Liu wrote:
Hello, I've CC'ed the technical contact for your. You should do the same
in the future, because not every developer monitors the mailing list on
a daily basis.

Thanks!

Wei.

On Thu, Mar 06, 2014 at 10:37:56AM +0530, Chamika Kasun wrote:
Hi all,

I'm chamika kasun from Sri Lanka, Currenly i'm an Undergraduate Computer
Science and Engineering 3rd Year Student of University of Moratuwa, I'm
interested in taking "Create a tiny VM for easy load testing" as my GSoC
project for 2014. For that project required skill is OCaml as mentioned in
the project description page. By now i have taken a OCmal module in the
University under the Object Oriented Programming Languages. And also under
the Operating System module i have done a small project, that is creating a
small kernel. as well as i'm having a good knowledge about the linux
operating system. i believe that i have potential to complete this project,
please tell me how to proceed further.

I think a good next step is to try Mirage by following the "Getting started" links on the website:

http://www.openmirage.org/docs/

See if you can get a small kernel working on xen. It's a good idea to join the Mirage developer list (mirageos-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) and send an email there if you get stuck. We've been trying to debug the getting started guide, so if you find bugs there then please report them.

Let me know how you get on! :-)

Thanks,
Dave