Re: [Xen-devel] [BUG] PCI passtrough causes driver crash in DomU (Xen 4.3, Linux kernel 3.12)

Hello again,

Am 07.03.2014 13:49, schrieb Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk:
>> Am 07.03.2014 12:54, schrieb Jonas Meurer:
>>> as already written to xen-users a few days ago, I've troubles using pci
>>> passthrough for an Intel 82574L ethernet device (kernel module e1000e).
>>> The device is passed through by xen-pciback, and can be seen by 'lspci'
>>> inside the DomU. Still, the corresponding network interface doesn't
>>> appear in /proc/net/dev and even more striking, the DomU kernel driver
>>> crashes with a traceback.
>>>
>>> All this happens on a Debian/Jessie Dom0 with Xen 4.3 and Linux kernel
>>> 3.12. The DomU in question has a similar Debian/Jessie setup.
>
> This was fixed in 3.14 I believe by me. Is it possible for you to use that
> version?

today I finally managed to give linux kernel 3.14-rc5 a try. I was happy
to discover that the bug in question has been fixed in that kernel release.

In other words: with kernel 3.14-rc5 in DomU, the pci passthrough
feature works again even without the 'pci=nomsi' workaround.

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards,
 jonas