Re: [Xen-devel] ARM: EXYNOS 5410 - DOM0 not being scheduled

On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 1:31 PM, Julien Grall <julien.grall@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 15/03/14 14:44, Suriyan Ramasami wrote:
>>
>> Hello Friends,
>
> Hello Suriyan,
>
> Thank you for trying to boot Xen on new hardware!
Thank you for the encouragement!

>>     I have been trying to get DOM0 to run on XEN on teh odroid-xu
>> (Exynos 5410). xen boots up in hyp mode. I can get all 4 CPU cores to
>> come up. Confirmed that the Arch generic timer is ticking (note the
>> output of the timer and the reread of the same timer for different
>> values). Any pointers on where I should concentrate on to debug would
>> be helpful. I do see that softirq_haldler[1] is never called which is
>> the call to schedule().
>

> Did you check that the timer interrupt is correctly fired and received by
> Xen?

Any pointers in this area would be great. I shall explore this in parallel.

> I advice you to restrict to 1 CPU for the first boot. You can do that by
> removing every CPUs except the first one in the device tree.

OK, I did rerun with changing the dts to have a single CPU entry, with
same results.

>> I am posting the full boot logs. Any help is appreciated.
>

> Can you post the modification you made? (at least where does the print come
> from).
The boot_count print is coming from a mod in xen/arch/arm/time.c in
function init_xen_time()
- printk("boot_count: %llu reread: %llu\n", boot_count,
READ_SYSREG64(CNTPCT_EL0));
just before the function returns. The timer is started up in u-boot.
All the other printfs that you see with "Calling" is at the start of
the fucntions - I was trying to figure out if xen was hanging - this
is not the case though.

I shall reply further on Ian's email where I do see dom0 hanging in
calibrate_delay(). If I pass lpj=4464640 in the kernel parameters, it
then loops in do_xor_speed() - specifically in the line while ((now =
jiffies) == j), which points to jiffies not getting incremented at
all!

Thanks so much!
- Suriyan