Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-users] substantial shutdown delay for PV guests with PCI -passthrough

Am 20.03.14 14:53, schrieb Pasi Kärkkäinen:
On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 11:52:57AM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
Atom2 writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-users] substantial shutdown delay for PV guests
with PCI -passthrough"):
the patch unfortunately doesn't apply to my sources - some comments to
the reasons why further below.

Here's a backport.  I have compiled but not executed it.

Sorry for my delay in answering - this is a resend as the first e-Mail
with uncompressed attachments did not go through.

Just FYI: the version I am using is 4.3.1-r5; I have attached the
relevant source files referred to by your patches.

Thanks, but our revision control system enables us to retrieve old
versions very easily :-).  So there is not any need to provide us with
these files.

Having said that, I have no record of 4.3.1-rc5.  But I'm pretty sure
the patch below, which is against staging-4.3, will apply to your
tree.  It applies cleanly to 4.3.0-rc5 and 4.3.1-rc2, which are my two
guesses as to which version you mean.

Often "r5" style versions refer to Gentoo packaging..
So maybe he actually didn't have a typo in 4.3.1-r5 :)
Pasi - you were spot on: I use gentoo and the version number was not a typo.

-- Pasi