Re: [Xen-devel] qemu option

On Thu, 2014-04-03 at 09:56 +0800, IAN DELANEY wrote:

> It appears the configure options have sustained some re-writing.  It
> appears the build dictates a default selection of a qemu / hvm capable
> build.  Is this by accident or intent?

I think you've jumped to the wrong conclusion here.

Xen 4.4 includes a newer version of upstream qemu which depends on
pixman, which is where this new dependency has come from. However qemu
is not more mandatory than it was before.

The configure stuff has changed since 4.3 to make it easier to opt out
of building qemu at all. You can now pass --with-system-qemu to
configure instead of mucking around with .config or patching or whatever
you did in 4.3 and earlier.

--with-system-qemu strictly means "assume the user has installed qemu
separately, don't build our own", but it could equally mean "don't want
qemu-xen at all".

Another new option is --disable-qemu-traditional which disables the use
of the old trad branch/fork of qemu entirely.

Ian.