Re: [Xen-devel] Failed to access register with invalid access size alignment

  • To: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Zytaruk, Kelly" <Kelly.Zytaruk@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 14:33:55 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Cc: "Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 04 Apr 2014 14:34:12 +0000

Do you mean simply keeping QEMU in a while loop and not processing any more
events when this happens like doing

    /* check offset alignment */
    if (address & (len-1))
    {
        PT_LOG_DEV(d, "Error: Failed to read register with invalid access size "
            "alignment. [Offset:%02xh][Length:%d]\n", address, len);
        stay_in_loop = true;
-->     while (stay_in_loop)  usleep (1000);   <--
        goto exit;
    }

or is there a more "elegant" way to pause the guest.

> Then you can use xen_hvmtrace to figure the EIP and get an idea of where
> things are.

I googled "hvmtrace" and found a few code submissions but didn't find any
information on how to use it.  Is there any documentation?