Re: [Xen-devel] Question about running Xen 4.4 on Arndale board

On 04/11/2014 02:17 PM, Meng Xu wrote:
> Hi Julien,

Hello,

> Thank you so much for your reply!
>

>     > We have a Samsung Exynos 5420 Arndale Octa Board. We tried to run Xen
>     > 4.4 on the Arndale Octa board.
>
>     Xen 4.4 only supports the Arndale 5250. AFAIK, the octa has a similar
>     layout as 5250. Porting Xen on the board should not be too difficult.
>

>     I know there is some people who are working on porting Xen to the odroid
>     xu which also have an exynos inside.
>

> Great! Do you know if they have any timeline on this or any patch we
> could try?

I cced a person who is working on the odroid XU. He may be able to tell
you if he plans to send patch upstream.

>     > We have successfully to run Ubuntu on that board by customizing
>     the UBoot.
>
>     Does your U-boot bring up CPU in hypervisor mode?
>

> Sorry, can I ask a silly question:
> How should I check if U-boot bring up CPU in hypervisor mode?
> When we run Ubuntu successfully, we didn't use Xen at all. (Of course,
> it doesn't affect us to check if Uboot bring up CPU in hypervisor mode.)

When you will have early printk enabled in Xen. It will let you know if
the CPUs are in hypervisor mode or not.

Regards,

--
Julien Grall