Re: [Xen-devel] The segmentfault when using xl create domU

On Tue, 2014-04-15 at 17:07 -0500, Wei Huang wrote:
> > It's a compiler bug. For some reasons gcc doesn't generate the right
> > assembly
> > when -O1 is specified on the command line. Which version of gcc do you
> > use(4.7.*?)?
> > Which distribution are you using?
> > Can you also call disas the crash and copy the output?
> >
> > Gcc 4.8 doesn't seem to be affected.
> >
> > FYI, I got this output from 4.7 with Linaro Ubuntu raring (gcc 4.7.3).
> >[...]
> I saw the same thing on my system and ack'ed that this is compiler
> related. My compiler is 4.7.3. I was able to fix it with the following hack:

Are you also using the Linaro compiler by any chance?

I've added warnings to
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_with_Virtualization_Extensions/CrossCompiling
and
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_with_Virtualization_Extensions#Building_Xen_on_ARM