Re: [Xen-devel] [linux-linus test] 25478: regressions - FAIL [and 1 more messages]

Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] [linux-linus test] 25478:
regressions - FAIL [and 1 more messages]"):
> On Apr 16, 2014 6:12 AM, Ian Jackson <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Another week has gone by and Linux tip still fails this test.
>
> Did you try the recommendation that David offered - boot with 4GB to dom0?

That would be a workaround.  I can do that (as it happens these
machines have 8G of RAM so it is actually possible), but:

The purpose of running tests is to discover bugs (so that they can be
fixed).  It is not to generate a nice clean report by sweeping things
under the carpet.

Here the tests have discovered a bug in Linux.  AIUI it's a bug which
is visible when using this particular driver, but which is actually a
problem with the Xen integration into the Linux VM system in general.
So other it presumably affects other drivers too.  It should be fixed,
not worked around.

The downside of not working around this bug is that osstest's
failing-host-stickiness will cause an increasing proportion of the
tests to run on the affected hosts.  This might mask other bugs.

Conversely, working around this bug in the manner suggested will
presumably just make the bug disappear off our radar.

Ian.