Re: [Xen-devel] usage of fixed path in hotplug scripts

On Thu, 2014-04-17 at 16:06 +0200, Olaf Hering wrote:
> is there a reason /etc/init.d/xencommons uses a hardcoded path to
> /etc/xen/scripts/hotplugpath.sh,

I don't think so, just historical inertia I expect.

>  while that file actually contains all
> the variable paths? Should make install do some sort of
>
>         sed "s^@XEN_SCRIPT_DIR@$XEN_SCRIPT_DIR@" \
>         tools/hotplug/Linux/init.d/xencommons \
>         > $DESTDIR$(XENCOMMONS_INITD)/xencommons
>
> (or whatever the correct syntax would be)
>
> My point is that some parts of the paths can be configured, but these
> paths are not used. Instead hardcoded paths are used.

I think it would be fine to fix this up, so long as the defaults don't
change (iirc autoconf has weird ideas about /var aka $localstatedir, see
9f7b256146dc "tools: revert to using /var and /etc/")

Ian.