Re: [Xen-devel] Hidden symbol when debugging hypervisor

On 04/30/2014 10:39 AM, Juergen Gross wrote:
On 30.04.2014 11:26, George Dunlap wrote:
On 04/30/2014 10:02 AM, Dietmar Hahn wrote:
Hi,

while debugging a vmcore with the crash tool I stumpled over a little problem. I wanted to look at the "struct csched_private" of credit scheduler and got
the contents of the "struct csched_private" of credit2.
The debug informations of the hypervisor contain 2 entries
  <1><b185e>: Abbrev Number: 8 (DW_TAG_structure_type)
     <b185f>   DW_AT_name        : (indirect string, offset: 0x9d8d):
csched_private
and
  <1><c0677>: Abbrev Number: 25 (DW_TAG_structure_type)
     <c0678>   DW_AT_name        : (indirect string, offset: 0x9d8d):
csched_private

The first is credit and the second credit2. It seems in the crash command the
second entry wins :-(.

Maybe crash has the possibility somewhere to get access to the second structure (I couldn't find it) but for simplicity it would be better to have different
names
I think.
Are there any reasons not to rename
struct csched_private -> struct c2sched_private
or whatever?

No reasons at all -- the naming is an artifact of development. Feel free to
send a patch renaming it.

I tried it once: http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2013-02/msg02255.html

Jan didn't like it.

It looks like he was only thinking about backtraces, not about cscope or about debugging core dumps. Jan, do you have another solution for those, or shall we go ahead and change the names?

 -George