[Xen-devel] PVH phase I complete....

Yay....

    author      Mukesh Rathor <mukesh.rathor@xxxxxxxxxx>
    Mon, 2 Jun 2014 08:32:22 +0000 (10:32 +0200)
    committer   Jan Beulich <jbeulich@xxxxxxxx>
    Mon, 2 Jun 2014 08:32:22 +0000 (10:32 +0200)
    commit      e6390ad57bdf11881e6375f6227b5a594b4bcc3f

and with that many thanks to all, specially Jan Beulich for all the
reviewing. Also thanks to Tim Deegan and those reviewing the linux side.
It's been fun, often arduous, developing the feature that found
me hacking linux schedular one day, and xen pv mmu the other..  In the
end it feels worth it - I personally know of one banking customer who has
been waiting anxiously for pvh for about 3 years now.

But we are not completely done, here is my list of pending items in random
order:

  - add mem removed by holes to end of memmap and send dom0 custom e820
          : Roger on xen/BSD side, David V on linux side

  - AMD port: i'm looking at it (grrr those invalid guest states.....)

  - MSI-x support: last I recall, it needed some work on the linux side.

  - tsc emulation support

  - migration

  - passthru

  - 32bit guest kernel support

  - PIRQ EOI: I believe the xen work on this got done, and it seems to be
    working, so I think the comment in linux is outdated in xen_init_IRQ:

         /* TODO: No PVH support for PIRQ EOI */
         if (rc != 0) {
             free_page((unsigned long) pirq_eoi_map);
             pirq_eoi_map = NULL;

    Konrad, David: is there anything more to be done here you can think of?

  - control domain : p2m must be cleaned of any foreign types (refcnt released)

  - Shadow: at present HAP is required

  - Roger, you had a small patch for guest shutdown crashing the guest
    occassionally. It had to do something with a bit in one of the CRs iirc.

  - performance: last i ran lmbench, some othe numbers for pvh were not the
                 best of pv and hvm.

thanks,
Mukesh