Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen Hackathon] new PV drivers

On 3 Jun 2014, at 12:47, Stefano Stabellini <stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Present (by memory):
> - Julien Grall,
> - Stefano Stabellini,
> - Ian Campbell,
> - Roger Pau Monne,
> - Dario Faggioli,
> - Andrii Tseglytskyi,
> - David Vrabel,
> - Konrad Wilk.
>
> * What new PV devices do we need? What has been done already?

I missed this session, but was wondering about an entropy driver.  We're
integrating an OCaml SSL/TLS into MirageOS, and it's not clear how PV guests
should go about getting a strong source of entropy from the outside world in a
reasonably portable way.

VirtIO has a RNG [1] -- has anyone got any interest in a PV protocol for Xen
that does the same?

[1] http://wiki.qemu-project.org/Features-Done/VirtIORNG

cheers,
Anil