[Xen-devel] pci adapter not working in dom0. works under plain Linux.

  • To: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: James Harper <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2014 11:01:25 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-AU, en-US
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 08 Jun 2014 11:45:08 +0000

I bought an unsupported DVB card (by mistake - I bought the v2 version instead
of the supported v1 version), and I've just finished getting it working under
Linux, but spent the last day or so trying to figure out why it keeps dropping
buffers even though the reception is perfect. As soon as I noticed that the
lost data is always in PAGE_SIZE multiples, I figured I'd better boot in plain
Linux instead of Xen, and when I did that it worked perfectly.

The card is based on the cx23885 chipset, which is already supported (my work
is just porting a different tuner/demod), so I suspect it's actually a bug in
the existing cx23885 driver. I'm hoping there is just a flag missing or
something when the adapter allocates buffers for DMA. Can anyone offer any
suggestions as to what I'm looking for before I dive in?

Thanks

James