Re: [Xen-devel] VMX test report for Xen 4.5-unstable-git commit:f7e46156a1c006a6eb5489e0227d39229eec316d

On Tue, 2014-07-01 at 06:36 +0000, Hu, Robert wrote:
> And http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-users/2013-05/msg00556.html says
> " it this is an Alpha release and therefore it may be necessary to reset the
> database to a pristine state before declaring the service production ready."
> Therefore, I will consider http://bugs.xenproject.org/xen/ later when it
> enters later phase.

That email is from a year ago, the bugs.xenproject.org service is no
longer Alpha IMHO (I'm not sure if this was actually announced, I
thought so but I can't find it now). Certainly at this stage I won't be
resetting the database again.

Anyway, the route to filing a bug there is to post to this list and for
the relevant maintainer to decide that it needs recording (as opposed to
e.g. being something which can be taken care of straight away or user
error etc).

The "relevant maintainer" would generally be someone listed in the
MAINTAINERS file, often the maintainer for the bit of code but perhaps
someone else (in recording a bug you are in some sense taking
responsibility for it). As with patches I think it would be a good idea
for you to CC relevant people from the MAINTAINERS file so that they see
it. (I don't think that is necessarily good advice for every end user
wanting to report a bug, but I think for e.g. Intel QA reported bugs it
makes sense).

Information for maintainers on using the bug tracker is at
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Bug_Management_Interface and I'm always
happy to guide etc.

BTW, the bug.xenprojects.org's idea of MAINTAINERS is currently manually
sync'd from the main tree, so it's possible that with turnover of
maintainers it is out of sync. Just shout if this turns out to be the
case.

Ian.