Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable bisection] complete build-i386-libvirt

On mar, 2014-07-01 at 09:09 +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Mon, 2014-06-30 at 16:21 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > Ian Campbell writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable bisection] complete
> > build-i386-libvirt"):
> > > Oh wait. If libvirt supports up to e.g. Xen 4.4 today then this option
> > > would cause it to #define LIBXL_API_VERSION to that. But Xen 4.2 and 4.3
> > > libxl wouldn't know what to do with it and would bail out.
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> > > We could deploy this flag only on the xen-unstable flights on the
> > > assumption that this is the only place where the libxl API ought to be
> > > changing.
> >
> > Indeed.

> We could make the build-*-libvirt jobs build twice, once with and once
> without. Perhaps in the libvirt flight only. Would that work?

+1

If going for the LIBXL_API_VERSION compile option way, I like this idea
of building twice a lot.

It avoids unnecessarily holding a push but, at the same time, let us
know libvirt requires attention. It means a bit more of time, but not
that much, I think.

Dario