Re: [Xen-devel] Trying to unmap invalid handle! pending_idx: @ drivers/net/xen-netback/netback.c:998 causes kernel panic/reboot

Hi!

On 14/07/14 17:30, Zoltan Kiss wrote:
On 14/07/14 13:14, Armin Zentai wrote:
Hi!

On 14/07/14 13:54, Zoltan Kiss wrote:
Hi,

Based on the stack trace I think the guest sends packet with more than
MAX_SKB_SLOTS slots, and one slot's grant mapping operation goes wrong.
Then the error handling screws up the internal bookkeeping of pending
slots, and tries to unmap something that is not mapped. Unfortunately it
is quite complicated to emulate grant mapping failures in a predictable
way.
Armin, if we provide some patches (hopefully with a solution, but at
least with some additional logging), would you be able to compile and
verify it?

I can compile and install it, the verification may take a few days.
We're building up a test system, and try to test with outgoing traffic.
If you have any advice, about how to test the new kernel, please share
with me (I mean large pps, or large bandwidth is the better, or try to
update/downgrade the GPLPV drivers to a specific version).

I'm setting the loglevel to DBG.

Also, if you have your vmlinux file, can you please run the following:

addr2line -e <your vmlinux file> ffffffffa02622fc

That would hopefully point out where xenvif_idx_unmap were called in
check_gop, as it has 3 call sites.

I've run it on the vmlinux file, that I've made with make vmlinux.

[root@c2-node16 linux-3.15.4]# addr2line -e vmlinux ffffffffa02622fc
??:0

I think it does not found anything.

At the time we've found one VM that crashes its hypervisor in every evening at the same time, this virtual machine is belongs to one of our clients, but I'll try to get some info about a scheduled job or something that starts in that time.

Zoli

Thanks,
 - Armin