[Xen-devel] 10s shutdown delay for PV guests with PCI passthrough

Hi all,

I'm not sure whether this is related to Atom2's post "substantial
shutdown delay for PV guests with PCI -passthrough", I didn't see any
resolution to it and I am seeing something similar, but slightly
different.

I get a 10s delay shutting down my PV, I have implemented the code as
I see it in mini-os:

1.- frontend sets state XenbusStateClosing and waits for backend to go
to state >= XenbusStateClosing.

2.- frontend sets state XenbusStateClosed and waits for backend to go
to state >= XenbusStateClosed

3.- frontend set state XenbusStateInitialising and waits for frontend
to go to a state in the interval [XenbusStateInitWait,
XenbusStateClosed).

If I perform step 3 then the frontend never exits as the backend state
stays at XenbusStateClosed

If I do not perform step 3 then PV shutsdown after a 10s timeout.

Is this mini-os implementation in sync with the pciback
implementation? Is there a step I have missed?

--
Best regards,
 Simon                          mailto:furryfuttock@xxxxxxxxx