Re: [Xen-devel] Tweaking the libxlu bison grammar to include nested lists

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 10:34 AM, Sunder <u89012@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm new to the Xen community and this is my first attempt towards a patch.
> I've been given to understand that the config parser's grammar needs to be
> modified to accept nested lists. I've been trying to tweak the code and
> would need a bit of help in understanding the actions that are being invoked
> (*store/*set/*mk, especially *mk which seems to be called with different 2nd
> args based on where/what's found, which is quite confusing to me). I also
> think the grammar could be further reduced as below. I'd love to hear the
> expert opinions -- have I covered all cases? Are the right actions being
> invoked?
>
> Thanks!
> Sunder
>
> * filename: <xen>/tools/libxl/libxlu_cfg_y.y
>
> /*reduced grammar (mainly for understanding and local testing):*/
>
> stmts: | stmts stmt
> stmt: ID '=' expr nl { xlu__cfg_set_store(ctx,$1,$3,@3.first_line); }
> expr:
> atom { $$= xlu__cfg_set_mk(ctx,1,$1); }
> | list
> | expr ',' atom { xlu__cfg_set_add(ctx,$1,$3); $$= $1; }
> | expr ',' list
>
> list: '[' expr ']' { $$= xlu__cfg_set_mk(ctx,0,0); }
> atom: NUM|STR
> nl: NL | nl NL

CC ing Ian.

Ian, this comes from conversation about configuration of vNUMA
distances we had some time ago.
In that conversation we wanted to see vNUMA distance array look
something like this in the config file:

vdistance = [[10,20,25],[20,10,20],[25, 20. 10]]
or a shorter version, but I would start with fully defined at first.

Will be that what Sunder asks a acceptable solution.

Thank you!

--
Elena