Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.5 development update (July update)

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 10:51:46AM +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> (trimming CC to just those related to things I've commented on)
>
> On Tue, 2014-07-22 at 20:28 -0400, konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > fair - still working on it, patches are prototypes or RFC
>
> You've used this (correctly per your definition here) on various things
> which it seems to me are very unlikely to make it for 4.5, i.e. things
> which are really early prototypes etc, which made me pause every time I
> ready it and have to think back to the definition.
>
> I guess what I'm saying is that "fair" is not a good label for this
> state, it implies that while the thing is a WIP it is still likely to
> make it for 4.5.
>
> I think you need a lower ranked WIP label for things which are in that
> state of prototype/RFC but not likely to make 4.5. "wip" or "inprogress"
> perhaps.

Or I can start weeding them out and push them in the Xen 4.6 territory.
I was thinking that in August I would do that.

> > = Open =
> >
> > == ARM ==
> [...]
>
> > *  ARM VM save/restore/live migration (ok)
> >   -  Junghyun Yoo
>
> I've not heard from Junghyun since the initial reposting, not sure what
> the prognosis is but given lack of support for SMP and some of the other
> issues I'm more incline to suggest fair rather than OK. Jinghyun, do you
> have any thoughts?
>
> It's possible that the "save/restore/dead-migration" bit is "ok", it's
> the live migration bits where the issues mostly remain iffy.

OK, downgraded it.

> Also this is dependent on the migration v2 by Andrew et al.

That would certainly make it 'fair' or 'none' as said code dependent
on Andrew, et al. code has not been posted.

> > *  ARM: Use super pages in p2m (ok)
> >    v5 posted
> >   -  Ian Campbell
>
> Committed.

Excellent!

> > == QEMU ==
> >
> > *  Rebase of QEMU 2.0 and SeaBIOS (fair)
> >   -  Ian Jackson
>
> What is this? Neither of them sound like Ian J things. Stefano maintains
> Qemu and I take care of SeaBIOS.

Right.

> >From the SeaBIOS side we are currently using the latest upstream.

Is there a specific tag we want to use?