[Xen-devel] Xl mem-max doesn't work with kernels > 3.12-rc1

Hello,

As suggested by Ian Campbell after my messages on xen-users ( original
thread here :
http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-users/2014-07/threads.html#00307
), I send here a little description of what I found.

Since kernel 3.12-rc1 (it's ok with 3.11.10 and before, and it's
broken from 3.12-rc1 to 3.15.6), the commands

  xl mem-max DomU XXXXXX
  xl mem-set DomU XXXXX

don't work anymore.

I had to patch xl like suggested here
http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-users/2014-07/msg00373.html
in order to have mem-max work with old kernel, but this is not enough
with > 3.12-rc1.

DomU is exactly the same, the only change is the kernel loaded.

Does anybody have ideas about what happen here, or can told me more
tests to do ?

Thanks,

Neri