Re: [Xen-devel] Non PCI passthrough on xen-unstable tree

On 15 August 2014 03:43, Julien Grall <julien.grall@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 14/08/14 10:20, manish jaggi wrote:

>>> Why are you talking about linux version/defconfig? As said on my cover
>>> letter nothing as been modified in Linux. The only requirements is the
>>> kernel must have a driver for your device.
>>>
>> I was not able to make out from the cover letter.
>

> "To avoid adding code in DOM0 to manage platform device deassignment, the
> user has to mark the device disabled in the device tree."

>>> Even though I did my development on midway, it should work on every
>>> platform with devices under an SMMU.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>> It would be very helpful if you could please provide steps to test this
>> feature.
>> I have to integrate your work into my tree for testing PCI
>> pass-through on cavium thunder platform.
>

> Below, the steps to use on midway. You will have to adapt to your platform:
>
> 1) In the u-boot script disable the device you plan to passthrough:
>   fdt set /soc/ethernet@fff51000 status disabled
> 2) Ask the toolstack to passthrough the device by adding in the vm config
> file:
>   dtdev= [ "/soc/ethernet@fff51000" ]
>
> There is some minor error in my branch passthrough-v2. I've pushed a new one
> here:
>
> git://xenbits.xen.org/people/julieng/xen-unstable.git passthrough-v2.1

Thanks Julien for replying. I am trying to understand your code and
map it with the documentation (devicetree/bindings/iommu/arm,smmu.txt
and SMMU v2 Arch).

While I was trying to understand the drivers/passthrough/arm/smmu.c I
was not able to find a device tree that contains the compatible nodes
in 3.16 kernel (grep smmuvx / mmu-masters returned nothing).
Can you please help with this.