Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC V6] Libxl Domain Snapshot API Design

On Tue, Sep 09, 2014 at 02:43:09AM -0600, Chun Yan Liu wrote:
[...]
> > > int libxl_domain_snapshot_create(libxl_ctx *ctx, const char *domname,
> >
> > Should take a domid not a name, for consistency with all the other libxl
> > functions.
>
> There is one problem:
> If domain is not active (not started), domain snapshot can also be done at
> disk-only mode. But domid does not exist in this case.

From reading this email my understanding of "not active" is that a
domain is not even created. I don't think libxl can associate a string
(domname) with any particular domain configuration. So IMO you should
provide a libxl_domain_config instead.

This libxl_domain_config can be retrieved either via libxl (with the new
API on the way) or parsing an "inactive" config. Then you can set your
flag to indicate whether it's a disk only snapshot or the other one.

Wei.