Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen VGA Passthrough] Cannot Complete All 3dmark Tests in Windows 8 HVM domU

Dear Kelly,

Instead of installing Windows 8.0 HVM domU first and upgrading it to Windows 8.1 later, I have downloaded Windows 8.1 Enterprise 90-day evaluation ISO from the official Microsoft website and installed Windows 8.1 Enterprise HVM domU directly.

After Windows 8.1 Enterprise HVM domU have booted up and presented me with a login screen, I keyed in my password and a few seconds later Windows froze/locked up completely.

I have a suspicion that it is the AMD Radeon HD 6450 VGA card driver that caused Windows 8.1 Enterprise HVM domU to hang.

Is there anything in the HVM configuration file that I can tweak so that Windows 8.1 Enterprise HVM domU will not hang upon logging in? Otherwise, I might completely give up on Windows 8.1 HVM domU and fall back to Windows 7 Ultimate HVM domU, which is very stable and is not giving me any problems.

Thank you.

--
Yours sincerely,

Teo En Ming