Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC Patch v3 18/18] x86/hvm: Always set pending event injection when loading VMC[BS] state.

At 11:14 +0800 on 12 Sep (1410516863), Wen Congyang wrote:
> On 09/11/2014 06:35 PM, Tim Deegan wrote:
> > Although I think that getting COLO running on SVM is a gret idea, it
> > shouldn't block acceptance of this fix.  I've attached a program
> > that tests for the bug.  Run it against any HVM guest (and then
> > destroy the guest because the test will have corrupted its state).
>
> Thanks for providing test program.
> I run it against a HVM guest, and unpause the guest by hand. The guest
> doesn't response anymore. Apply this patch and test it again, the problem
> is gone.

Glad to hear it -- but to be clear, the important detail is really
whether the test itself prints 'good' or 'bad'.  The guest might
potentially be crashed by the test even if it succeeds.

Cheers,

Tim.