Re: [Xen-devel] Some oxenstored improvements (v2)

Dave Scott writes ("Re: Some oxenstored improvements (v2)"):
I was just about to Ack the previous set :-) What do the extra patches do?

One is to add a periodical checker as a safe net for the behavioural
optimization change in previous set (from exhaustively scanning all the rings
to only checking targeted ones). The consideration here is that there might be
some ill-behaved clients currently existing in the wild, so it's better to make
gradual move.

The other one is a performance improvement related to syslog. Currently, if
configured to use syslog, every single line of access log could potentially
call sys.stat 3 times, which is a considerable cost given the intensiveness of
our access logging.