Re: [Xen-devel] Error when Glib cross compiled into Mini-OS without the support of "_POSIX_THREADS"

Replying to this bit rather than the -users copy due to mention of rump
kernels (feature in development) which follows.

On Thu, 2014-09-25 at 17:08 +0800, Lele MA wrote:

> Does it mean the system doesn't define "_POSIX_THREADS"?

AFAIK mini-os doesn't supply a POSIX thread API, correct.

I don't think anything else in the current stubdom infra (e.g. newlib)
supplies one either.

> If so, can I still use the glib in the Mini-OS without the support of
> "_POSIX_THREADS"?

That would be a question for the glib maintainers. At a minimum I'd
expect you would need to port glib to the mini-os thread API.

But, before you go down that route I think you should consider the new
rumpkernels work which is going on.

rumpkernels run on a mini-os/Xen and provide a BSD derived POSIX like
environment, which I expect will include pthreads. Depending on your
application it may well be very worthwhile to start from that (I think
it most likely would be, but I don't know what you are actually doing).

Ian.