Re: [Xen-devel] Network card disappears (probably xennet crash) on windows 7 pro 64 bit with gplpv

Il 25/09/2014 12:00, James Harper ha scritto:
-----Original Message-----
From: Fabio Fantoni [mailto:fabio.fantoni@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, 25 September 2014 7:38 PM
To: James Harper; xen-devel; xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Network card disappears (probably xennet crash) on windows 7
pro 64 bit with gplpv

Il 25/09/2014 11:15, James Harper ha scritto:
On one dom0 wheezy with xen 4.4-stable and xen-unstable and some
linux
and windows domUs I have had several times in recent months one or
more
windows domUs no longer reachable via the network.
In all cases the network card disappears and I must reboot windows to
have the network working, I had also installed latest gplpv version
(1.0.1100) that I saw that solves crash with xennet.sys but the problem
persist.

If you need more informations and/or tests tell me and I'll post them.

Can you tell me what you mean by "disappears"? Is the machine still
running but you can't see a network card anymore?

Yes windows still running but don't show network card anymore.
This happen after hours or days on one or more windows domUs, other
still working correctly, I not found exactly cause of that and the only
solution for now is reboot the domU when happen.

James

I doubt I'll be able to reproduce this.

Can you run with the debug version of the drivers, and use debugview from
sysinternals (you'll need to turn on some logging options in the registry - let
me know if google doesn't help you find them).

Then, when the crash happens, send me whatever debugview has captured.

The debug version of the drivers is a little slower though, so this may not be
an option.

I'll be uploading an update in a few days so maybe wait until then to test (it
won't fix your problem but it's easier if you run the latest version)

James

Thanks for your reply, I tried the other pvdriver project, had a network critical problem that I solved with kernel upgrade, I'll try to see if solves also problem with your pv drivers. For now I'm mainly trying to have the other pv drivers full working because have also time update on restore that should solves a post-restore login problem on many users with windows domain.