Re: [Xen-devel] Xen-unstable: pci-passthrough "irq 16: nobody cared" on HVM guest shutdown on irq of device not passed through.

>>> On 26.09.14 at 00:09, <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> - Tried booting dom0 with pci=nosmi, but that didn't make a difference, still
>   "irq16 nobody cared".
> - Tried booting dom0 with pci=nomsi and irqpoll, that prevented the "irq16
>   nobody cared" from appearing, i could see around 600000 interrupts for
> irq16,
>   however the machine now freezes shortly afterward without any error (on
> serial
>   console with sync-console on, triple ctrl-a also doesn't work anymore)

Again please don't mix up host and guest MSI. Host IRQ 16 can't
possibly be an MSI one.

> - Tried switching off the onboard soundcard in the bios. Now irq16 is not
> bound
>   to any device, but the machine still freezes without any error (on serial
>   console with sync-console on, triple ctrl-a also doesn't work anymore)

I suppose that hang is with irqpoll still in use? Ctrl-a not working anymore
makes me wonder whether you use a PCI serial card sitting on that same
IRQ for the Xen console... Furthermore in that mode (with supposedly no
handler set up for IRQ 16) monitoring (with a little bit of debugging code)
how/when IRQ 16 gets setup and unmasked may provide further hints.

Jan