Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.5 development update (September update). Feature freeze slip by two weeks.

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 07:23:57PM +0200, Tamas K Lengyel wrote:
> Hi Konrad,
> I would like to ask for an exception for this feature:
>
> *  ARM implement mem_access (ok)
> >    v5
> >    https://github.com/tklengyel/xen/tree/arm_memaccess5
> >   -  Tamas K Lengyel
> >

> The version 9 of the series will be posted tomorrow. The first half of the
> series (cleanup and relocation) is mostly acked and mergeable and there had
> been some discussion that it might be merged before the second half
> (ARM-specific bits) are finished with the review process (which are IMHO
> also very close to the finish line).

As you saw Jan already merged the mergable patches (up to 10 I believe).
The rest will take some time to review.

I need to discuss this with Tim and also look at the patches to get a feel
for:
 - What is the risk of it introducing regressions for existing use-cases.
 - What is the risk if these features do not make it in Xen 4.5
   (What are the external impacts of this - what are the sub-projects
    that depend on this).
 - What is the awesomes of this. As in, how will this feature make
   Xen more awesome.
 - How easy is it for somebody to set this up and test it out?

Thank you!