Re: [Xen-devel] xl mem-max error

On Thu, Nov 06, 2014 at 05:17:42PM -0500, Zhigang Wang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I get this error:
>
>     # xl mem-max 3 700
>     libxl: error: libxl.c:4549:libxl_domain_setmaxmem: memory_static_max must
> be greater than or or equal to memory_dynamic_max
>     : Success
>     cannot set domid 3 static max memory to : 700

What's your expected behaviour? What's your end goal?

Can the behavior you expected be achieved by manipulating target memory
instead of maxmem?

ISTR Oracle has different view on how memory targets are managed. But
with no other information provided it's hard for me to figure out your
intent and start a conversation.

Wei.