Re: [Xen-devel] How to run a HVM guest without pv

On 10/11/2014 05:28, Wen Congyang wrote:
> I disable xen-platform-pci in the config file, but when I start the guest, I
> found
> the following kernel message:
> [    0.000000] Booting paravirtualized kernel on Xen HVM
> [    0.000000] xen:events: Xen HVM callback vector for event delivery is
> enabled
>
> Thanks
> Wen Congyang

There is no current ability to do this.

Here, Linux will be detecting Xen using the hypervisor cpuid leaves at
0x40000000, but if you disable those in Xen, HVMLoader will fail due to
being unable to gain a hypercall page.

It might be a plausible thing to be able to make an HVM domain with no
paravirtual interfaces whatsoever, but it would require quite a bit of
re-architecting of the current HVM infrastructure.

~Andrew