Re: [Xen-devel] Problems accessing passthrough PCI device

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 02:49:07PM -0300, Simon Martin wrote:
> Hello Jan,
>

> >> Yes,  the  first thing I do in the driver is set the PCI configuration
> >> access  bits to 7 that should enable IO space, Memory Space and Master
> >> BUS access.
> >>
> >> As  a  test I disabled this and all reads to the PCI device return -1,
> >> even the first one.
>
> > I implied your earlier statement to mean that. But - did you also
> > verify that the three flags actually end up set (ideally from both
> > DomU and Dom0 perspective)? The PCI backend may be screwing
> > up things...
>
> Yes I do verify the write. How do I check this from Dom0?

You can crank up the debug volume in xen-pciback. Recompile the kernel
and put '#define DEBUG 1' at the start of the .c files.

Interestingly enough I saw this issue as well - and it looked to me
that Xen pciback was stuck in '7' state (Reconfiguring) and never
excited it.

But I hadn't had a chance to dig in this.