[Xen-devel] Is: Slip. RC3 out to Dec 3rd. Was:Re: Xen 4.5-rc2 post update (RC2 was out 2014-Nov-11th)

> = Timeline =
>
> We are planning on a 9-month release cycle.  Based on that, below are
> our estimated dates:
>

> * Feature Freeze: 24th September 2014
> * First RC: 24th October [Friday!]
> * RC2: Nov 11th
> * RC2 Test-day: Nov 13th
>
>  <==== WE ARE HERE ===>
>
> * RC3: Nov 24th

Slip. We still have outstanding bugs (two of which are regressions)
which I would very much like to have in RC3. As such we are slipping
with RC3 to Dec 3rd, which means:

> * RC3 Test-day: Nov 25th
> * Release: 10th December 2014

That this date is moved out. Based on my previous way I would have
moved it by a week - which moves the release to the 17th (and test
day on Friday). But that is way way to close for me and I don't think
we will have anybody testing on Fri 18th to the end of the year.

Instead we are going to do:

 RC3: Dec 3rd.
 RC3 Test-day: Dec 4th (or 7th).

 RC4: Dec 15th