Re: [Xen-devel] xl only waits 33 seconds for ballooning to complete

On Monday, January 12, 2015 05:29:25 PM George Dunlap wrote:
> When I said "10s seems very conservative", I meant, "10s should be by
> far long enough for something to happen".  If you can't free up at least
> 1k in 30s, then there is certainly something very unusual with your
> system.  So I was recommending leaving that the default.

Thanks for the clarification. I definitely agree that some memory should be
freed in that timeframe - or you have bigger issues to deal with.

> I'm not really sure under what conditions an admin might want to fiddle
> with the timeout, however, so I'm having second thoughts about adding
> new options.

Ok. Given Ian's comment about ballooning down being serialized, should I send
an official patch for further review?

Thanks,
Mike