Re: [Xen-devel] Architecture for dom0 integrity measurements.

Interesting, thanks.
Could you share some more information about POSSUM?

> [...]
> talks to the server and for testing and development we have been able to move
> our codebase between it and hardware without modification.
>
> > 1. vTPM I/O domains is now needed in this mode, QEMU can implement
> > another TPM Backend to link libtpms. Try to refer to
> > http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2013-11/msg00674.html=
> > 20
> >
> > 2. Enabling seabios for HVM virtual machine.
> > Refer to patch ' vTPM: add TPM TCPA and SSDT for HVM virtual machine'
> > And https://github.com/virt2x/seabios2=20
>
> Thanks for the references, we are following up on .
>
> >> We have also been considering whether or not to implement the
> >> multiple TPM states in the context of the dom0 hardware
> >> virtualization instance.
>
> > Does it mean initial states from libtpms? Such as clear/save/.etc.
> > Correct me, if I am wrong..
>
> I believe we are talking about the same conept/technology.  The library
> initializes its TPM 'state' but the state is not anchored in hardware.
>
> >> Once again not as 'technically secure' but it does cut out a lot of
> >> complexity with the current model,
>
> > Yes, agree with this point.
>
> Yes, it doesn't take very much work on this technology to appreciate the
> reproducibility, flexibility and debuggability of a simulator.
>
> It is not, as I noted above, capable of implementing a hardware root of trust
> like a
> hardware TPM but the same rules apply to it as the vTPM/vtpmmgr architecture.
> If the simulator and its database is aanchored to a hardware root of trust it
> should
> be possible to have its simulation services be trusted by a guest.
>
> We've started work on going through the code and building up a prototype which
> is capable of running multiple TPM instances, each of which could be coupled
> to a
> guest domain.  We will see where that leads us with respec to couping it via
> XEN's tpm front/back drivers to a guest.
>
> > > with the added benefit of that infrastructure being covered by a
> > > hardware rooted IMA state.
> > >
> > > Also we are extremely interested in what hardware and motherboards
> > > with TPM 2.0 support are being used for this development, obviously
> > > with TXT being a requirement.  It wasn't too long ago we were
> > > advised directly by Intel that physical hardware was not available,
> > > perhaps that was a miscommunication.  Given the work being done, and
> > > the Intel e-mail addresses on the patches, > there is obviously
> > > access to 2.0 compliant hardware or is all this being done with
> > > simulators???
>
> > NOT simulator, it is on TPM 2.0 hardware.  The attach file is the
> > output of ' dmidecode' on physical machine with TPM 2.0.  These 2
> > machine are from Huawei/Nationz. I can ask them for more information.
>
> Interesting, I assume its based on an Intel chipset and vPRO capable with TXT
> support?  If so we would be interested in any information on availability of

The following is from colleague:
"Anyway, in general, Intel Grantley server platforms can support TPM2/TXT. Most
of OEMs from China can support Nationz TPM2 chip.
Intel Broadwell client NUC platforms will support TPM2/vPro/TXT features. BTW,
the vPro is the client feature not server"

-Quan