Re: [Xen-devel] EFI GetNextVariableName crashes when running under Xen, but not under Linux. efi-rs=0 works. No memmap issues

>>> On 28.01.15 at 17:17, <daniel.kiper@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 11:03:19AM -0500, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
>> I am not really sure of what the work-around should be in Xen except
>> making SetVirtualAddressMap work..
>
> Hmmm... Crazy idea. IIRC, we use RS in 1:1 mapping. If we need to call
> SetVirtualAddressMap() then force it to create 1:1 mapping. Is it
> possible? Could you try it? I think you should play with code just
> before SetVirtualAddressMap().

Of course this is possible. The reason we don't call the function is
kexec: How would the secondary kernel be able to make runtime
calls if we already established some mapping? Remember that
SetVirtualAddressMap() may not be called more than once...

Jan