Re: [Xen-devel] Request for help, implementing a new network scheduler

Add xen-devel back on Cc list.

And please don't top-post.

On Tue, Feb 03, 2015 at 09:26:20PM +0100, ronald pina wrote:
> Thanks Wei, it was useful, my primary goal is to contribute on improving
> the latency and jitter on xen, that is  my purpose not to implement a
> general QoS linux scheduler, the basic idea is  prioritize real-time
> traffic which have critical requirements to QoS especially on heavy network
> i/o hosts, and if the vifs of different guest are scheduled on round robin
> manner in dom0 backend than we can improve this scheduling algorithm like
> using weighted round robin which can give more scheduling time to a vif
> that was used by a  voip-server guest.

As Ian and Zoli suggested, there might be already tools that can achieve
your goal. Your idea to improve latency and jitter  is certainly
valuable, but I would suggest you do through research on existing tools.
That would help you understand the strength and weakness of existing
tools, as well as the strength and weakness of your own idea.

If you have any problem with regard to netback driver, feel free to post
on xen-devel. However I don't have much knowledge on Linux scheduler so
I cannot comment on the round robin and QoS part.  :-)

Wei.