Re: [Xen-devel] Booting dom0, various issues since v3.16 kernels

> Hey David,

> after just being in that pain, I thought I might as well give a summary to
> you/the list. Maybe helpful to not forget which piece should go to which
> stable...

> So:
> v3.16...v3.17.8: Somewhen in between those, the acpi irq seems to have broken.
>                  I have not yet verified that, but at least three changes in
>                  3.19-rc6 seem to look related:

>  * "x86/xen: Treat SCI interrupt as normal GSI interrupt",
>  * "ACPI: pci: Do not clear pci_dev->irq in acpi_pci_irq_disable()", and
>  * "x86/xen: Override ACPI IRQ management callback __acpi_unregister_gsi"

Yes Jiang Liu fixed those and said he would backport the required fixes once
they where accepted in mainline, put perhaps a polite ping is necessary there.

> v3.17.8...v3.18.4: Beside the acpi interrupt, no USB devices (beyond the
>                    hubs) get initialized. Not sure what fixed it, but it
>                    looks ok in v3.19-rc7.
>                    Beside that, there also was a regression in swiotlb
>                    that I think was passed on to some stable maintainers:

Probably the same issue as above (for me it fixed a powerbutton issue and some
pci-passthrough problems).

And there seems to be more refactoring coming for 3.20 .. so fingerscrossed.

--
Sander