Re: [Xen-devel] Xen's Linux kernel config options V2

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 8:58 PM, Juergen Gross <jgross@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> which depends on XEN_PV
>>

>> Adjusted, but so far that's the only XEN_PV alone-dependent option.
>> Are you sure ? This defines MAX_DOMAIN_PAGES, and used on
>> arch/x86/xen/setup.c for xen_get_max_pages(). Can't this be used for
>> XEN_DOM0 ?
>

> This option will be replaced by another one once my patches for
> supporting >500GB pv-domains are ready.

Great!

> For now you could let it depend on XEN_HAVE_PVMMU. It is relevant for
> domUs as well.

Well right now the only entity that selects XEN_HAVE_PVMMU is
CONFIG_XEN.. so that begs the question of which Kconfig options should
be selecting XEN_HAVE_PVMMU in the future? What about having it be
selected by XEN_BACKEND and also XEN_FRONTEND ?

  Luis