Re: [Xen-devel] Xen's Linux kernel config options V2

On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 4:07 AM, Stefano Stabellini
<stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Feb 2015, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 6:57 AM, Stefano Stabellini
>> <stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > PARAVIRT_CLOCK and PARAVIRT are x86 specific.
>> > Given that there is no CONFIG_PV or CONFIG_PVH or even CONFIG_PVHVM on
>> > arm and arm64 as there is just one type of guest, I would rather just
>> > have CONFIG_XEN there.
>>
>> Interesting, right now we have as part of the recommended change for
>> XEN_BACKEND:
>>
>> Option                          Selects                 Depends
>> XEN
>>   XEN_BACKEND                   SWIOTLB_XEN(arm,arm64)  XEN_PV(x86) ||
>>                                                         XEN_PVH(x86) ||
>>                                                         XEN_PVHVM
>>
>> How would we ensure to enable XEN_BACKEND for arm then?
>
> I thought that you wanted to turn XEN_BACKEND into a user selectable
> option.  On arm and arm64 this option wouldn't depend on anything
> (except CONFIG_XEN).

OK sure, that maps to this dependency list then:

ARM || ARM64 || ( X86 && (XEN_PV || XEN_PVH || XEN_PVHVM )

>> > not available on arm and arm64
>>
>> Can you clarify if you meant only XEN_TMEM or all the above here?
>
> Only TMEM, sorry for being terse

That was listed as one of the example Kconfig entries which are
currently not available on other architectures despite not being
architecture specific, the other one being XEN_DEBUG_FS. So to be
clear -- do we not want XEN_TMEM for arm in the future ?

>> > x86 specific
>>
>> Likewise, all of the above quoted options ?
>
> only XEN_HAVE_PVMMU

Updated.

>> > FYI soon to be available on arm
>>
>> OK thanks.