Re: [Xen-devel] Question about HLT VMExit reason

On 12/02/15 09:24, zhangtrump wrote:
Hi, all:

  ÂI was testing networking performance from DomU to DomU running on different hosts. I used xentrace and xenalyze tools to get the trace info of receive side, and found that there was a time when vcpus (which handle the receive work) were in "Blocked" state.
  ÂFrom the information of "VMExit" reason gotten by xenalyze tool, the "HLT" is the main exit reason. I am wondering when DomU will be exited because of "HLT"?Â
  ÂThanks.

Yes.

When one vcpu halts, Xen will schedule another vcpu in its place. There is nothing to be gained at all by letting a pcpu stay halted in guest.

~Andrew