Re: [Xen-devel] [libvirt] libvirt/libxl implemetation of get_online_cpu / virNodeGetCPUMap?

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 12:41:01PM +0000, Anthony PERARD wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A recent OpenStack nova commit make use of virNodeGetCPUMap to get the list
> of online cpu of a host. But this API is not implemented for the libvirt
> xen driver.
>
> The commit:
>   Add handling for offlined CPUs to the nova libvirt driver.
> https://review.openstack.org/gitweb?p=openstack/nova.git;a=commitdiff;h=0696a5cd5f0fdc08951a074961bb8ce0c3310086

FWIW, this should not impact Xen based on my understanding. The code
path in question should only be used when Nova is setup todo NUMA
pinning support, and that is not supported with Xen in OpenStack,
only KVM.  Did it actually cause failures for you, or are you simply
keeping track of all used APIs in Nova as a sanity check ?

> Is there a need to use this under Xen? (Is it possible to have offline
> CPU?).
> What libxl API those provide this information, if it exist?
>
> I found libxl_get_online_cpus() but that not enough. They want a
> bitmap.

Regards,
Daniel