Re: [Xen-devel] Shared page tables between ETP and IOMMU issue

>>> On 26.02.15 at 16:45, <roger.pau@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> While testing PVH Dom0 support on a newer Core i3-5010U I've found that
> sharing the page tables between EPT and the IOMMUs don't work. Booting
> with iommu=no-sharept solves the problem, but I'm unsure what causes
> this issue.

Is FreeBSD fiddling with its own memory map in some way? It's rather
surprising to see not just an occasional fault, but many of them, and
with L2 or even L3 entries not present. I.e. if it's not the OS
requesting re-arrangements, I would suppose table setup itself is
screwed up in some way. In the end - knowing the valid GFN range
for the guest - you may want to monitor/log how tables get created
and whether (and if so by whom) later some of the entries get
zapped.

Jan