Re: [Xen-devel] OSSTest OVMF pushgate

On Tue, Mar 03, 2015 at 04:39:39PM +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-02-25 at 17:20 +0000, Wei Liu wrote:
> > Ian and Ian,
> >
> > Currently OSSTest pushes OVMF changesets to osstest/ovmf.git, while
> > xen.git references ovmf.git. This requires us to do manual push from
> > osstest/ovmf.git to ovmf.git.
> >
> > I would like to just reference master in Xen's Config.mk.
>
> This will make the ovmf version used by xen.git be directly tied (via a
> push gate) to commits made upstream. We do not currently have anything
> like this.
>
> e.g. for qemu we have qemu-mainline tests but xen.git points to output
> the qemu-upstream-unstable push gate, where the input is maintained by
> Stefano pushing things to a staging branch.
>
> I think tracking upstream from xen.git is likely to be fine for
> something like ovmf, but I wanted to make sure this was understood.

Yes, that is my intent.

I was thinking it might be better for xen-unstable developers to always
get our tested version to start with, so that they get a tree that at
least usable and has all the good stuffs up the our tested head.

I'm fine with model like qemu-upstream-unstable too. If we want to
achieve the same effect that might involve quite a bit of manual
pushing.

> We may need to take special care during freeze periods, i.e. by
> switching back to a specific version during the freeze. Or else we risk
> getting an unfortunate ovmf push right as we try and release.

Yes.

Wei.