Re: [Xen-devel] Questions about XEN/ARM toolchain, XEN 4.5, Exynos 5420 and Arndale Octaboard.

(I'm putting the list back since I think the below may be of more
general interest)
On Sat, 2015-03-07 at 12:19 +0100, Fabio Canigliula wrote:
> >> Could you suggest me some boards based on ARMv7 (A7 and/or A15) or
> >> ARMv8 fully controllable and on which Xen 4.5 works? Any help would be
> >> greatly appreciated.
> >
> > My preferred option is the Cubietruck (AKA cubieboard 3).
>
> I am very thankful for your suggestion. It is indeed a very
> interesting board with open source hardware and with an active
> community.

BTW there are also various Allwinner based platforms which are fully
Open Source HW (i.e schematics, layouts etc). linux-sunxi.org has pages
for a variety of then. The various Olimex boards are the main example.
I've not tried on myself but IMHO anything with an A20 (sun7i) processor
(same a Cubietruck) should work with Xen OK.

I don't think we've tried anything other sunxi, but I'd expect anything
with a Cortex-A7 or -A15 to work OK, although none of the newer ones
seem to have onboard SATA which is a bit sad.

The older Cortex-A8 based stuff won't work with Xen (no virt
extensions).

Ian.