Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.6 Development Update (two months reminder)

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 10:21:56AM +0000, wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

[...]

> == GRUB2 ==
>
> *  GRUB2 multiboot2 (fair)
>   -  Daniel Kiper

RFC patches were posted (see:
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2015-01/msg03982.html).
Weeding out bugs found during testing. I am going to post new patch series at
the beginning of April.

[...]

> == Hypervisor ==

[...]

> *  Xen Boot Information (xbi) (ok)
>    Dependency for GRUB2 + EFI work
>    http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2014-10/msg02068.html
>    v4, No go for full patchset. Only some of the patches.
>    No ARM EFI hardware (yet) available to test them.
>   -  Daniel Kiper

Move this to after 4.6. It depends on multiboot2 protocol support.

> *  Xen multiboot2-EFI support (fair)
>    Needed for GrUB2

I am not sure what does it mean. Please drop this line above.

>    Depends on Xen Boot info (rework multiboot and other structs)

Not valid right now. Please drop this line above.

>    See http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2013-05/msg02281.html
>    RFC posted
>   -  Daniel Kiper

RFC patches were posted (see:
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2015-01/msg03962.html).
Weeding out bugs found during testing. I am going to post new patch series at
the beginning of April.

[...]

> == Xen toolstack ==

[...]

> *  Rearrange and cleanup installation destination directories (/var ->
> var/lib/xen) (fair)
>   -  Daniel Kiper

If Olaf did all work then we can remove this one.

> *  libxl/xl - xm compatibility mode for mem-max and mem-set; (ok)
>   -  Daniel Kiper

Bob and I will be working on this. However, this probably will not come
into 4.6. So, let's move this to after 4.6.

Daniel