Re: [Xen-devel] Allow controlling NAPI weight of virtual network interfaces (vif) with sysfs

My main idea was to adapt the the function of static int
change_weight(struct net_device *net, unsigned long new_weight) and
static ssize_t store_weight(struct device *dev, struct
device_attribute *attr, const char *buf, size_t len) which are present
on kernel 2.6.21 . In this kernel we can change the weight of every
interface because the weight parameter is inside the net_device
structure. But on later kernel the weight was inserted on napi_struct
and wasn't exposed for every interface. Thus now we can only change
the default weight and every device use the same weight (of course if
their drivers allow that).
This kind of organization is used in xen netback too, with weight 64.

If may ask , how can i change the weight for every individual
interface (vif) or how can i adopt the sysfs to change the weight for
every vif ?

My goal is to allow  different vif to have different weight, for
example vif1.0 to have a weight 32 ,and vif1.0 weight 64. I am using
kernel 3.18

Thanks